Caroline and Stephen’s legendary wedding took place at Villa Pizzo on Lake Como, Italy. They also hosted a welcome dinner and after-wedding brunch at Villa Regina Teodolinda. Over the course of three days, I got to witness their effusive love for each other expressed in countless different ways. With their adoring friends and family present, Caroline and Stephen exchanged vows in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
I hope that these photos can speak volumes by themselves, but let me just give a little context to some of my favorite moments (in no particular order).
- The night before their wedding, while the welcome dinner is wrapping up, Caroline spontaneously decides to jump into the lake for a swim. Stephen and a bunch of their friends join shortly after.
- During the reception, Caroline surprises Stephen with a guest performance from three tenors of La Scala. At the climax of one of the songs, one of the tenors offers the microphone to a mortified Caroline. Stephen saves her by belting out the note in his best opera voice.
- The hand-stretched mozzarella at the welcome dinner was the best thing ever. EVER!
- As Caroline and Stephen are cutting their massive cake, the outer layer completely peels off and crumbles.
- Immediately after the processional, Caroline and Stephen take off sprinting down the path for their 10 minutes of alone time as newlyweds, and her veil flies off. They keep running.
Thank you Caroline and Stephen for flying me across the world to be a part of your dream-come-true of a wedding. È stato bellissimo.